Friday, March 14, 2008

mission accomplished!

oh gosh. my blurriness is killing me.
i left my laptop's charger on my way back to subang.
i would never realise it if my mummy didn't call me.
funny, yea?
well, i survive a week of college life without using my laptop. *clap clap clap*


to be honest, life is miserable without laptop.
i need music to study and depending on my i-pod is definitely not going to last long. my i-pod is running out of battery and to charge it, i need my laptop!!

sigh sigh sigh.
well, every cloud has a silver lining. at least i have a week of revision and have more time for my homework. *wink*



i just got my laptop charger from wan pig pig (thanks, wan pig ^*^) and that's i'm blogging again.
it comes with 2 nougats. it must be my mum's idea. mummy is always the sweetest! thanks mama~


oh yes, oh yes!
the main point of this post--
i clean my room AGAIN.

it's a habit of mine to make sure that my room is perfectly clean before examination.
reason: i'm very particular towards cleanliness when I'm all tensed up (yes, I'm a weirdo). under extreme stress, i need a clean and comfortable room to rest and to study(of course).

hohohoho, i'm super satisfied with my room now.
i'll give a perfect 100% for the effort that i spent on Friday.


i just tidied it last week! i don't really know how it becomes messy again but it just did! argh! this time, it's a tsunami that causes all these mess. i can't stand looking at it!



i washed my bed sheet, my pillowcases and my blanket, leaving my bed 'naked'. sound so wrong. x) and i had to push my bed to aside to wipe the floor underneath it. i never know that i'm actually..erm..strong enough to push the bed.

it's in a terrible mess!


i had to carry some of my stuff out of my room to make space for me to do the job.
when my housemate (btw, kimlan is her name) passed by my room, she asked: 'wow. are you going to move out?'
i guess i did turn pink. lol. i was just trying to clean my room, kimlan.



after 4 hours of battling with the clutter and dust. i made it!
(to alvin: you better don't say that it has no much difference than before. it does make an OBVIOUS difference, ok? xp )



it's not a typical room-cleaning as i challenged myself to wash the fan hanging on the wall and the filters in the air-conditioner.



the air-conditioner is hanging so highly on the wall.
i had to jump up and down, up and down on my bed to reach the filters.
shoo~ =.= it's really tiring.


the fan is really very very very dirty lo. i guess my landlord and landlady had not been cleaning that wall fan for years. do they even know that this fan exist? this fan is so going to produce air pollutants. consider the dust, the germs, the bacterias, the viruses, etc. etc. sticking on the fan. when the fan works, what will happen? the air will be polluted! and when the air is polluted, what will happen? it will causes allergy (especially nose allergy). thinking of nose allergy is freaking me out, no one knows how miserable it is with a persistent runny nose & sneezing, stuffy nose or ears. the symptoms get worse at night, and i experienced waking up at 3 / 4 a.m. because of the pain in the nose. it is maddening and frustrating. oh boy oh boy, i'm so going to prevent myself from getting nose allergy.




the 'cleanest' fan i ever seen! gross!



see see see! it's covered with a super thick layer of dust lo!




i have to admit that i'm a height-handicap, and to reach the fan, i was stretching my hands like mad. i wanna grow taller soooooooooo much!


i actually had the idea of wrapping the fan with a big plastic bag so the dust will be kept forever and ever. BUT i couldn't find any big plastic bag, leaving me with no other choice but to clean it.
even if i got to find a super big plastic bag, imagine a big plastic bag hanging on the wall. and what if the plastic is red in colour? what if the plastic bag has the word 'TESCO' printed on it?(...sweat ^^!!!!)
i was thinking of using a cloth to wipe it but it's so not going to work.
the dust keeps dropping on the floor and ON MY FACE AND HAIR. argh!
i got really fed-up and i stormed into the kitchen, found myself a screw-driver and detached the fan off the wall.



this is my very 1st time cleaning a wall fan. it's working out the enthusiasm in me. gee~

it's a demanding task to put everything back. i thought i can't do it, not until i tried. and i learnt a lot from trying.
never draw any conclusion until you try your very best.
even if we failed for the 1st time, never mind, take a deep breath, try harder.


pictures of how i put everything back into its position:





deng deng deng! done! all done! how amazing it is!


hanging it back onto the wall (oh yea, i didn't mention how to took it down from the wall, rite? basically, i just keep pulling the fan (i mean the whole thing), shaking it to the left and right until it drops. luckily i didn't spoil it.)


*clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap*


self-fulfilment and contentment were filling me up. =) *big big smile on my face*


a screw-driver can make wonders yea?



it took me more than 5 hours to give my room a brand new breath.
i will never ever complain that moping the floor is tiring as i just went through something worse than that.

after all, i did enjoy myself though i'm totally worn out (not to mention about the backache i got).

after a whole day of hard work, katherine thinks that she deserves a good treat for herself.
it's reasonable to buy myself a twisties to pamper myself, yea?
*oh yes, twisties is currently my favourite junk food, not bytes from Cadbury anymore.
'change edi a?' 'yes! change edi!'*

this is going to be something that i will remember forever and something that i'm kinda proud of, an experience that i will keep as one of my precious memories. i just accomplished something that i never though i would be doing.
oh yes, it reminds me of the fortune cookies i got from vonne. oh yes, Chinese cookies speak.
my cookies said that: 'the great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.'
how true.

that's all for now. this is katherine signing off~

2 comments:

fatfat a.k.a shiying said...

good job....4jie~~~~
whooray~~~~ur room is so clean.....
hehe~~~

katherine said...

lol..thanks fat fat~
i'm so proud of my room now.
*nose in the air*
miss ya lots here!!!!!
miss ya miss ya!!
^X^