Thursday, November 24, 2011

Just another birthday :)

who says birthday is all about partying and going out?

on my birthday, i have to attend morning clinical teaching at the hospital.
nothing much to do in the afternoon, cz most of my friends are still at the hospital attending their classes as well.
so i have the whole afternoon to myself, thinking of skyping with my mama, then study for a bit, take a wee nap, prepare for tomorrow's tutorial, and that's pretty much how it's going to be till dinner with fellow friends at a restaurant.
look forward to the dinner and as for now, it's work time.

wanna get my mind off the result of my case reported collected this morning.
my mistake, to have jolted something heard, not seen, not examined by myself.
my bad. there's nobody to blame, except myself.
good lesson learnt, never trust what was told easily no matter how, no matter what.
everybody lies. that's an indestructible truth.
another point to note, be very honest to yourself.
i was told there's jaundice, but i could have checked before writing it down.
i could have done better, no, i can do very well in report writing.
not being honest with one particular info, my bad. i shouldn't have. big fat mistake.
talked to my consultant or rather, my consultant wanted to talk to me.
explained to him that i gotten the info after discussing with my groupmates, i cross my heart it's true, but i doubt how much damage i could mend.
good birthday eh?

on the brighter side, i am loving all the wishes received at facebook, via texts, via phone calls, via skype. they are all so lovely, and am really thankful to have meet and known so many awesome people, around the world, from all walks of life. i really do appreciate all the wishes, that warm my heart and make me smile.

being so far away from home, i thank the IMU ppl who came to belfast with me, putting in so much effort in the surprise last night.
the oreo cheesecake and the present, and most importantly, the effort and time, regardless how busy we all are right now, especially during weekdays when there are reports and tutorials to do.
i was really touched. i don't know how am i going to do without all these ppl.

really have to thank siew yee, for being there, cheering me up and listening to me bout my case report, with beautiful cupcakes and chocolate moose cake. that was really sweet of her. i am really thankful to have someone so sweet and caring around.

the national phone call, from home is the best gift of the year. those precious words and love.
i love my family. always and forever. i cried, the moment my daddy said 'i am sorry i couldn't buy you anything now, but when you get home next year'. it's not about the present, but the thought of making me happy that counts.

so yea, on my very birthday, nothing stops because it's my birthday. i have to get my work done, i have to keep my head up, and everyone else have to keep moving on.
as long as i am happy, everyday could be my birthday.
today is not the ultimate day for absolute happiness, i am fine with everything that's happening till now. be it crap or fab, i am grand.
it's more about growing up and growing wise.
i am not a little girl who needs everything to be fabulous and magical anymore, the taste of reality suits me better these days.

i am done for now, and will post up some pictures of the wee surprise and dinner soon.
happy birthday to me. being 22, is indescribable.

love, katherine.

4 comments:

[Yvonne] said...

but beware, never let reality rob you of your innocence because that naivety keeps you sane and makes you, well, you. =]

katherine said...

i know i will always have you to keep me sane :)
couldn't have loved you more, mah BFF! x

yvonne* said...

you sure i keep you sane? not make you even more insane? =P

katherine said...

you always me make in insanely sane and sanely insane ;)